Monday, June 16, 2008

What to Wear: Beer with a Boy




Situation: beer with a boy
Place: outdoor bar
Definitely Wearing: high-waisted jeans and flats
Overall Vibe: down-to-earth, retro, easy-going, fun

I used polyvore.com to compile the outfit around the jeans & flats combo. I looked for a lightweight top since time will be spent outside in the summer. The tank is from Forever 21, so it's convenient to get. I'd tuck it in and add the skinny belt to show off a tiny waist. I really like the contrast of a full, blousy top with high-waisted bottoms. The exaggerated top half of the silhouette makes the lower half seem even smaller. I think I'll be doing that a lot this summer.

The bag is vintage from eBay. I gave it to my friend as a birthday gift. It can be used as a clutch, or the handle can slide up with a SNAP! I like to have at least one vintage/homemade/unique item per outfit. I think it rounds out the slight 70s' vibe to the look.

No comments: